Week 4 - Top YouTube Beauty Videos

Friday 10 February 2012

Hello all, and welcome to week four of my favourite youtube videos! I've missed a couple of blogposts this week due to work and a very irritating cold, but I couldn't miss this one! This weeks videos have consisted of some more Valentines day makeup ideas, and plenty of IMATS hauls and vlogs! The three I have chosen don't fall into either of these categories, but were definitely some of the most interesting for me this week!

1. Louise - Sprinkleofglitter - Top 10 Lipsticks

As one of my all time favourite YouTubers, I'm very excited to have one of Louise's videos in my top three this week. If you haven't watched her videos already, please go and check her out - you won't regret it! Not only is she the kind of person you instantly want to be friends with, but she has the cutest baby in the world! Anyway, on to the video. In this video she goes through her top ten lipsticks of the moment, and what I particularly like is that she mixes up her brands. There are quite a lot of 'My Top Ten MAC Lipsticks' etc out there, but Louise incorporates several different brands, both higher and lower end, in her top ten, giving a good accessible selection whatever your price range! I also loved the fact that the Topshop lipsticks make a prominent appearance - I'm a big fan of the Topshop makeup, so if you haven't already tried it, definitely give it a go! Great video from a lovely beauty blogger.

2. Tanya - Pixi2woo - Rihanna Inspired Makeup Tutorial for Brown Eyes

I realise this is the third time Tanya has appeared in my top three, but what can I say, I always love her tutorials. As I have brown eyes, videos with 'for brown eyes' in the title never fail to catch my attention, and I'm also a fan of a lot of Rihanna's bold and bright makeup looks - they might not be something you can wear every day, but it's definitely fun to try out for a night out! This is a really pretty pink and green look, and I absolutely love green eyeshadows and liners on brown eyes, it can look so beautiful. As always, Tanya talks us through exactly what she's doing step by step, listing all of the products used in the description box, and the end result of this makeup is gorgeous! If you're feeling a bit bold and like the idea of trying out something a bit brighter than usual, definitely check out this makeup!

3. Lisa Eldridge - lisaeldridgedotcom - Soft Tonal Look - Clemence Poesy

Another gorgeous look from the super talented Lisa Eldridge. This is a beautiful makeup look, based on the kind of makeup she has done on the past on the lovely French actress Clemence Poesy. It is a very peachy, healthy look, and would be perfect to wear on any occassion. The makeup is warm and subtle, and incredibly natural, with none of the aspects of the makeup overpowering each other - the eyes are a lovely soft brown, a simple eyeshadow look, and the lips are kept lovely and nude, fitting in perfectly with the soft peach colour used on the cheeks. Lisa always uses some interesting products, and as a successful celebrity makeup artist it's always interesting to see what sort of products she is trying out in her videos! Definitely must watch for this seasons on trend natural makeup look!

Extra video of the week!

4. Anna - ViviannaDoesMakeup - Vlog: Beauty PR Career Chat

This weeks extra video of the week goes to the lovely Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup, because I thought this was a really interesting and useful video! For anyone who is interested in a career in Beauty PR/social media/blogging, she explains what she did at school, then college, and then how she got into the job she has recently acquired doing PR for a beauty company! Espeically since this is something I myself might be potentially interested in, this video was ideal! The blog post she wrote that accompanies this video is also really useful, so if this is something that interests you, definitely check out this video!

So that's us for another week guys, how time flies! Hope you have a great weekend, and check in next week to see my favourite YouTube beauty videos week 5! Hit join this site to subscribe to this blog and keep updated with all my favourite products and YouTube related posts, and follow me on twitter! @lynseymac1 :)

Lynsey x

No comments:

Post a Comment