Week 6 - Top YouTube Beauty Videos

Monday 27 February 2012

Alright folks, here we are again with another three smashing tutorials/beauty videos for your viewing pleasure, sorry it's a couple of days late! First of all, a quick wee recommendation - a lovely foundation which I had never heard of before, but happened to notice being used two videos in a row (Nic from Pixiwoo and Gossmakeupartist), and it's Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation. This is an absolutely lovely foundation from the looks of things, and has been receiving really good reviews. It is currently £10 on the Avon website, although is says that's down from £12... I'm not sure if that's a permanent change or a special offer, but either way, if you fancy trying it out, now may be the time :) Anyway, on to the videos!

Second of all, I've only been doing these posts for a month, but now that I'm starting to get into the swing of things, I think I'm going to slightly shift the format of it! I had intended to only include videos from week to week, so all three of the tutorials or reviews etc that I linked would have been uploaded that week... but there are so many videos out there that I think are absolutely fantastic, that were uploaded ages ago! So I'm going to just go with the flow a bit from now on, and include videos from here, there and everywhere! I'll mention when the video was uploaded in my description of it, and the videos were still be linked below as usual! This week I'm going for quite dramatic and creative looks, which are great fun to try out!

1. Klaire - KlairedelysArt - Galaxy Makeup

Now, obviously this isn't the most wearable of makeup looks, but I just love watching it. I can't get over how creative this girl is, the looks she creates are amazing! I rewatched this the other day because of the number of galaxy inspired nails I've seen recently. Illamasqua created a 'galaxy' nail tutorial a couple of weeks ago, and there were some galaxy themed nails on the catwalks at LFW too. This look is amazing, the way she works with colour and texture is unbelievable. This would be great for a themed party, or halloween, but much like the Pixiwoo Adele tutorial I mentioned last week, this is worth watching simply as an example of amazing artistic talent!

2. Lisa Eldridge - lisaeldridgedotcom - Pink Glittery Party Lip

This video was uploaded over a year ago, but I've never forgotten about it! I just thought it looked fantastic, and much as though a glitter lip isn't the most comfortable thing in the world to wear, I'm determined to try it out at some point! This is something a bit different in terms of a lip look, and probably more of a challenge than a more glossy or matt lip. So if you tend to do dramatic eyes (pointing at myself here) and avoid the lips, this might be something fun to try out, even just to test your makeup skills!

3. Promise - dope2111 - How to look like Drake?! A Makeup Transformation

I've already linked this video on my facebook, and have shown it to I don't know how many people. This tutorial is incredible! Once again, this is a video you might rather just watch than actually try out at any point, but it's incredible! She literally becomes Drake (the rapper, google him, you'll see what I mean!) in just a few minutes! The stubble, in particular, is my favourite part - it looks ridiculously realistic! If you haven't subscribed to Promise's channel, do so! This isn't the only transformation video she has done, there are a lot, and they just get better and better! Obviously this is a 'masculine' look, but she does some stunning girly, glittery tutorials too, so she's definitely worht watching!

Extra video of the week:

4. Jennie - sailorjennie - Top 10 Favourite Lipsticks

My extra video of the week is really just to plug a new youtuber I have just discovered, and I'm already a big fan of her videos! This is Jennie's take on a video I included in my top 3 a couple of weeks ago, Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter's top 10 lipsticks! I really enjoyed this video, Jennie has a really nice, friendly manner, and chats away really naturally, so you should definitely check her out! She includes a really nice selection of lipsticks, which, much like the lovely Louise's video, has got me all excited to build up my own lipstick collection!

Thanks for reading guys, hope you've all had a great week :)

Lynsey x


No comments:

Post a Comment