Haul: Watt Brothers, Superdrug, Dorothy Perkins!

Thursday 1 March 2012

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I'd gone a little bit mad in Watt Brothers, so I decided it was about time to actually do a blog post on the products I picked up!

The first thing on my little list, were these gorgeous Maybelline Pencils. Now, I haven't seen these in any UK drug stores, so I'm thinking they might be an American thing? They are the Maybelline New York Eyestudio: 2 in 1 Impact Shadow Liners, and they're absolutely gorgeous - they had about five shades, but since I already have eyeliners a plenty, in lots of colours, I managed to contain myself and only buy two, at an unbelievable 99p each! I went for a gold and a really dark bronze, shown swatched below, although they don't actually have names or numbers on them which is a bit odd.




The next thing which ended up on my receipt were five of the Rimmel 8 Hour Mousse Eyeshadows. I've already got two of these at home, and although I love them, I wouldn't normally buy five at a time - except that they were only £1.99 each! These shadows blend really well for a high street cream shadow, and the colour range is lovely. Swatched below (L-R) are Get Fresh, Splash, Midnight Blue, Galaxy and Black Pearl.



Next on the agenda was lip products. I came away with two lipsticks, two lipglosses and a lipliner. The lipglosses are lovely, the first being a gorgeous glossy red Lacquer Shine from Sally Hansen. The colour is Lily, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm a big fan of Sally Hansen liglosses, they always have beautiful colour payoff, and don't tend to be too sticky! The other is a Bourjois Paris Eau de Gloss (another product I've never seen in any shops which stock Bourjois) in the colour Brun Petillant:



As for the lipliner, I was using it at a Bridal Makeup trial last night and it will be buried somewhere in my kit, so I'll just have to describe it! It's one of the Rimmel 1000 Kisses lipliner pencils, in the colour natural! And the lipsticks, which were both Revlon Super Lustrous, in the colours Spiced Brandy and Fleshtone, have been de-potted and put into my kit! So, that was my lot, 12 items (including two Revlon Super Lustrous lipstics, which retail for (I think) £7.99 or £8.99 each) and here's a picture of the total on my receipt:


Under £20!!! Now that's what I call a bargain!

I then popped to Superdrug, where I returned home not only with a brand new Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara (my favourite of all time!) but a nifty new little blusher palette from Sleek. These limited edition Blush by 3 palettes are gorgeous, and while I really wanted another of the shades, which was sold out, I'm pretty happy with the one I left with! It's called the Flame palette, with shades Furnace, Bon Fire and Molten. The shade Bon Fire really reminds me of the MAC blusher Frankly Scarlet, it looks scary in the pan, but actually gives a really lovely, soft flush of colour to the cheeks!




And last but not least, I found a bargain today in Dorothy Perkins - this little guy was just a pound!


He's a litte owl necklace, I've held off buying it at £8.50 for ages, turns out it was worth it. I think my friend Beatrice will appreciate this, check out her blogpost on owl related fashion here!

Thanks for reading this massive haul guys :)

Lynsey x








3 comments:

  1. Oh I do, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the owl hahaha. not healthy, I should probably get this obsession dealt with :p xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought you might like it, they've also got a couple of owl print t-shirts/jumpers in the St Enoch centre branch! I got the necklace in Motherwell, but I saw the t-shirts in Glasgow the other day and thought of you! xx

      Delete
  2. Nice, might have to venture in to town today then.... :p x

    ReplyDelete