Inspiring Makeup in Music Videos

Wednesday 7 March 2012

I don't know about anyone else, but music videos are one of the places I find myself most drawn to for makeup inspiration these days - it's are one of the areas of the film industry (sort of!) that the makeup can be really diverse and creative, because there's no need to stick to anything realistic like you often would working on a film or television show - it can be a combination of high fashion creative style makeup, and totally neutral no-makeup makeup, and more often than not, more than one look is present in any one video. Here are a few of my top choice music video makeup looks from recent years! Click on the song/artist names for a link to the video.

Jennifer Lopez - I'm Into You

I don't think it's a secret how much I adore the makeup in this video. JLo looks absolutely incredible, and the makeup is stunning, I don't think you could fail to be inspired to try it out! Her skin looks so beautiful, and for someone like me, who's a sucker for eye makeup, this is definitely a winner!




photo credit

Beyonce - Why Don't You Love Me

There are several FANTASTIC looks in this video, and while the song isn't one of her most famous tracks, the video should definitely be more well known. She looks, of course, incredible in the video, with a lot of really interesting eyeliner work, bright lips, amazing eyeshadow and interesting hair styles. The video has a fifties vibe, so there are plenty red lips thrown in for good measure!




photo credit

Beyonce - Countdown

Beyonce again! Might as well list them one after the other! This is another really amazing video in terms of makeup, with some seriously fun, creative looks, and some more toned down, natural beauty shots. If you're looking for inspiration, look no further!




photo credit

Pixie Lott - What Do You Take Me For

Pixie is well known for her heavy eye makeup, and normally wears a lot of black liner, statement lashes and often a bit of glitter. This look is totally opposite that, but I think it's stunning. She is a beautiful girl, and this more toned down makeup really accentuates that.



photo credit

Pixie Lott - All About Tonight

AND just to totally contrast, this is the makeup from her all about tonight video. Some very striking looks in this one.




photo credit


Rihanna - Who's That Chick (Day Version)

Want to try some majorly colourful makeup? Then here's the video for you!



photo credit


Hope you enjoyed that guys! If you'd like me to do more of these 'makeup inspiration' posts let me know either in the comments below, or tweet me (my twitter name is lynseymac1)! There are plenty more where that came from! :)

Lynsey x

Disclaimer: None of the photos above belong to me, the sources are linked below the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment