Makeup at Paris Fashion Week: Part 2

Sunday 11 March 2012

My last PFW post got up to the makeup midway through Sunday, so I figured I'd do a part 2, to peruse some of the looks which appeared on the runways from late Sunday afternoon to Wednesday! Here are a few of my favourites!

Maiyet:



photo credit
photo credit

I felt like I had to include a picture of the clothes from this show, as well as the makeup, because it was undoubtedly one of my favourites! How effortlessly cool is that top picture there! Absolutely stunning. Anyway, in terms of makeup, I really loved the dark smokey eyes shown here, it was a slightly more glam, defined look than the smudgey black eyeshadow/liner look at Jean Paul Gaultier, and it tied in beautifully with the clothes.

Stella McCartney:


photo credit

How pretty is this soft lilac and blue look from Stella McCartney? Colourful mascara can often be a bit hit or miss, but I think the electric blue mascara here, paired with the soft, subtle purple shades around the lashes looks gorgeous! I also love the really soft peachy lips and full brows.

Moncler Gamme Rouge:


photo credit

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a sucker for graphic eyeliner, and this look for the Moncler Gamme Rouge show totally blew me away. I couldn't find a good, clear picture from the runway to show just how amazing this is, so I went with this wee backstage shot. This almost Black Swan inspired makeup looked fantastic with the dramatic black and white statement clothes on this runway.

Miu Miu:


photo credit

Another very dramatic look, and another featuring the colour blue - very much a trend alongside minimal makeup and strong brows this month at Paris. I'm sure, given some of the looks I chose in my last PFW post (Manish Arora and Tsumori Chisato) that it won't come as a suprise that I love this look at Miu Miu! It's incredibly creative, and the totally minimal makeup everywhere else (bare lips and hardly any coverage on the cheeks) lets the eyes do all the talking.

Valentino:



photo credit

As you can see, some of the models on the Valentino show sported a more greyish toned eye while others were seen with a more pinky/coral hue, but both were incredibly soft and delicate. There were no crazy false lashes here, or thick, winged out liner. At the same time though, it was a step up from a lot of the looks on the catwalk which were pretty much no makeup at all! It was simple, but effective and suited the folksy sort of clothes showcased here perfectly.

Akris:


photo credit

Another blue look! I just think the makeup at the Akris show looked incredibly clean and simple, and while making a statement, it didn't try to compete with the clothes, or do too much. The pop of colour on the eyelids is vibrant, and striking, but it isn't winged too far out, taken up past the socket line, or even taken under the bottom lashes - it is confined the the lid itself and along with a lovely glossy lip, makes for a really gorgeous makeup look. This is, in fact, probably one of my favourites altogether at Paris this February/March!

Chanel:


photo credit

Finally, I felt that I couldn't very well ignore the huge, statement, jewel-encrusted eyebrows at Chanel - I won't say too much about it because I think the picture above speaks for itself!

So that's that for another Fashion Week. What were your favourite looks on the catwalk? Fashion and beauty wise?! Let me know in the comments below, or tweet me at lynseymac1 on twitter! Thanks for reading guys, hope you've had a great weekend!

Lynsey x

4 comments:

  1. I think I'll go for jewell encrusted eyebrows for my next job interview... at least they would remember me, it's a good tactic. haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha aww you totally should! It would certainly make an impression! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw thanks for your sweet comment about my peacock eye look :).. x

    ReplyDelete