NOTD - Pastel Lilac

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Over the past few days, the weather has been absolutely glorious, and I've been embracing the pastel trend like nobody's business! My nails have been no exception to this rule, and I really like the colour combination I've got on at the moment, so much as though my nails are far from perfect, I thought I'd show them to you :)



The colours I went for are actually two of my favourite nail polishes, and I highly recommend them! Barry M's No.308 Berry Ice Cream, the lilac shade from their ice cream collection is by far and away my most frequently used nail polish. It's the perfect, flat lilac shade, and with just two coats looks nice and opaque. It's subtle enough to wear on any occasion, but still pretty and pastel so it doesn't look too boring! I do love my Barry M nail paints, they are really good quality for the price, and you know me, I love a bargain! I might actually do a blog post in the next wee while on my favourite Barry M polishes, what do you think? Anyway, my accent nail is done in the beautiful shade Mystic Mauve from Models Own. I only have four Models Own nail polishes, but I think they are absolutely fantastic, and definitely plan on getting some more soon! I picked this little beauty up at Birmingham Clothes Show Live last year (you should have seen the selection of colours they had, I couldn't believe my eyes, there were what looked like hundreds!) and this is my favourite of the four I chose. It's a gorgeous metallic pinkish lilac, and with just one coat (yes, that is just one coat!) it looks gorgeous and not a hint of nail peaks through it!


Barry M Nail Paints are available in Superdrug and Boots stores UK wide for £2.99 each, and are frequently included in 3 for 2 offers, or 2 for £5 deals. Models Own can be found in select Boots stores and are £5 each. Boots is currently offering a 3 for 2 deal across all makeup, so pop on down soon, or check it out online here!

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine, and click on the wee join this site button at the side there to get regular updates from me :)

Lynsey x

2 comments: