My 2013 Adventure!

Monday 7 January 2013



Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all had a smashing time over the festive period, with lots of good food, drink, family time and nights out :)

I can't quite get my head around the fact that it's now 2013! For a lot of people (including myself) 2012 was a bit of a non-event! It felt like a constant cycle of unpaid work experience, horrible weather and there just seemed to be an air of gloominess about it a lot of the time.

It wasn't all bad though! Highlights for me were:

My little trip to Aviemore with my mum in October - best couple of days of the year ♥


Seeing Marina and the Diamonds in ABC in Glasgow with two of my besties.


Meeting some lovely bloggers at the blogging meet ups and events I went to (including my lovely friend Gemma who I ended up working with for a few months!)


Seeing the Academy of Makeup go from strength to strength and celebrating it's first birthday in June!


And just generally spending time with my lovely friends and family - that's not really a specific highlight I realise, but I am very lucky to have them!


Now that 2012 is over, however, I have some very exciting (and scary!) plans for 2013... *drumroll please*

I'm off to Australia in March!

It's only for a few months - somewhere between three and six months - and I don't think it has properly sunk in yet that I'm going! I booked up at the end of December there with a fantastic company who help to organise working holidays (more on that in a future post) and so I fly out (on a group flight with other people doing exactly the same thing) from London at the beginning of March. I have family in Sydney and one of my best friends lives in Australia, travelling around with her Australian boyfriend, so I know there will be some friendly faces when I get there - a huge bonus for a home bird like myself.

So, since one of my 2013 resolutions is to be much better with my blog and YouTube channel, I thought I'd take you guys along for the ride! I'll try to update as often as possible, with weekly posts on good places to visit in Sydney and general working holiday adventure posts and maybe vlogs too :)

I'm going to keep updating before I go with little updates on how my planning is going! So my 2013 blog will probably drop down a little in terms of beauty related posts (which I used to be good at posting regularly, back at the start of 2012!), and be more of a lifestyle/travel journal, at least for the time I'm away from Scotland!

Anyway, I hope you are all well and are all making exciting plans for the year ahead. While it's possible to start afresh any day of the year, January always brings that 'clean slate' sort of feeling, with people making all sorts of resolutions - what are some of yours?

Thanks so much for still following me despite the massive absense in the latter half of 2012, and let's all make 2013 the best year ever!!!

Lynsey xxx

8 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing year you have to come & a fab opportunity. Looking forward to reading your posts on tour. :-) SX

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds so exciting! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beatrice! Hope you and Lee are doing well, how's life in London? x

      Delete
  3. Australia?! You lucky thing! That was well worth the drum roll. really like this post, it's good to have all your 2012 highlights in one place :) And if you're ever passing through my blog, do say hi :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I know, I've always wanted to go so I though now seemed like as good a time as ever :) I'll definitely check your blog out! x

      Delete
  4. Aww how exciting lovey!! Will you manage to make it to the Edinburgh bloggers event before you go? It's in February :) If you manage to make it down to Melbourne I have loads of recommendations (it's my second home!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm sure I will :) Have there been any details for it put out and about on twitter yet, I haven't seen anything, but I've not been on twitter much the past week or so! I'm definitely planning on going to Melbourne, it's where my friend is at the moment so I'd love your recommendations! :) xx

      Delete