What's in a Name?

Tuesday 15 January 2013


Ever since I was little, one of the things I've always found trickiest in life is choosing names and titles for things. At primary and high school I loved creative writing, and would absolutely relish the entire writing process until I finished the story and then the panic would set in! I still like to write creatively to this day (not that I have done for a while!) but still, any time I attempt a script or even a short story I find myself lost when it comes to deciding what to call it.

So, that brings me to my current dilemma! I started this little blog way back in 2010, simply as a place for me to occasionally jot down some thoughts about makeup I loved or tv shows I was enjoying, not as something I was going to write regularly. The name 'Intermittent Ramblings' was really a last minute decision, and I chose it because that literally was what the posts were!

Fast forward to now, and after blogging more, especially during the first half of last year, I intend to really work at my blog this year. I want to get a custom blog design, and post at least weekly, if not every other day. Last week, I changed my blog address and name to match my YouTube channel, which is lynseymacmakeup, but it just doesn't feel right for the blog. Now I am left ploughing through 'tips for naming your blog' websites and posts, thinking up random combinations of words that somehow relate to beauty and lifestyle, and still coming up with nothing!

So, I just wondered how any of you decided on your blog name? Was it an easy process for you, or did it take a while to come up with something you really loved? If you have any ideas for a good new name for the blog of a tea drinking, american tv watching, makeup loving, fairy tale believing, about to be traveller (some of the random things I have been attempting to use to figure out a good name) please, please leave your suggestions in the comments below!! :)

Tea in my horoscope mug :)

Lynsey x x x

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean - I came up with my blog name quiet easily from a Kate Bush lyric, but sometimes I hate picking names for posts. I think it will come to you naturally, you'll have a eureka moment I'm sure!

    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so! I want to get my blog design done before I go to Australia in March, so inspiration better strike soon :P xxx

      Delete
  2. I dreamed mine! My brain has managed to come up with some good names whilst asleep. That's maybe not the advice you wanted but maybe if you do some dream enhancing things in your diet it might work for you? I love dreaming and usually try to make myself have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing! Funnily enough the topic for one of my fourth year uni essays came to me in a dream and it ended up being the best grade I got all year! So this actually is a very good idea - now all I have to do is make myself dream, and hopefully inspiration will strike! :) x

      Delete