Port Douglas Adventures... Part 2

Thursday 18 April 2013

Having had an absolute ball at the Wildlife Habitat, I would have been perfectly happy to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the week! And with the rain we had for several days, that could have been a real possibility!! However, we didn't let that stop us and we went off to Crystal Cascades, a series of little cascading waterfalls in the middle of the rainforest!














Apparently the spider who made this eats birds... comforting...


I love this photo, old friends catching up in the middle of nowhere!!

We had planned to go to the Daintree the next day - a beautiful rainforest area about two hours north of Port Douglas, but the weather was against us. The cloud would have covered the beautiful views and the rain had made the windy roads too slippery to drive up. So I'm so so glad we went to Crystal Cascades that day! The rain wasn't heavy enough to disrupt our trip, but gave us the authentic rainforest experience - warm and rainy! It was such a beautiful place and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. Try to go and see the Daintree if you can, but seeing somewhere like this is just as lovely! Being there just felt like another world. So hidden away and raw, and totally removed from the hectic city life of Sydney I'd been experiencing for weeks before!

Hope you're all doing well, my next post will be my final Port Douglas instalment and then it's on to my trip to Melbourne - it was amazing too!!

Thanks for reading, leave your comments below and let me know if this is the kind of place you'd like to visit! :)

ps check out my latest vlogs over on my youtube channel here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment