Favourites of the Week #13

Sunday 7 July 2013


I'm back with aother weekly favourites post! Typing this just minutes after Andy Murray won Wimbledon... what a day!!!

Track of the Week
Saturday Night - Natalia Kills

I really do love Natalia Kills, and I feel like she doesn't really get the hype she probably deserves. This song is ridiculously catchy, but if you properly listen to the lyrics it has a really dark undertone. It's delving into a much darker part of her past than any of her other songs have really revealed. Combining these lyrics with such an upbeat, catchy melody is a really interesting mix. Check out some of her older songs like Wonderland, Kill My Boyfriend and Break You Hard too - they're amazing!



Album of the Week
Kodaline - In a Perfect World

This is a phenomenal debut album, and one of those ones you wonder how they will ever follow up with their next album! I will say it maybe loses a tiny bit of momentum towards the end, but there still isn't a single track on it I don't like.



TV Show of the Week
New Girl

I adore New Girl, and finally got the season one box set this week! I have seen lots of random episodes, watched some on the plane home from Australia actually and I have wanted to be able to sit and watch it properly ever since. I had a little NG marathon last night and I'm falling dangerously in love with Jake Johnson who plays Nick... ladies, I challenge you not to!


Beauty Product of the Week
Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose

I am absolutely loving this lip butter from Nivea, I got it as a little extra birthday present and it's amazing! It tastes so good, I can't even describe it, I have to stop myself trying to eat it!!

Book of the Week
The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey

Still on The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey and still really enjoying it. It's intense, I'll say that! I've said it before, alien stories are not my cup of tea, but this one is pretty interesting!

YouTuber of the Week
Tanya Burr

This week Tanya Burr hit one million subscribers and uploaded a video to celebrate, which inlcuded lots of little clips sent in by her subscribers commenting on how happy her videos make them, and how she makes them feel better when they're feeling down. I can't imagine what an amazing feeling that must be. If I could do YouTube for a living, I absolutely would - it must be so great to be able to do what you love and what you have fun doing with your friends for a living, and to have such incredible support from your viewers. I've been watching Tanya's videos for years now, and her videos really are lovely. So if you haven't already checked them out, go and do so now!


Blog of the Week
Charlotte's Web

I discovered Charlotte's blog just a couple of weeks ago - she was another one of Louise Sprinkle of Glitter's Amazing Advertisers last month, and I instantly fell in love with her blog! It's so pretty, with such lovely photographs and easy to read posts. Definitely go and check this one out guys! :)

Website of the Week
Twitter

More blog love for twitter this week - just took part in the loveliest #lbloggers chat (you know I love a good twitter chat) and the topic was blogging friends/blogs that have inspired you - it was a really lovely, positive conversation and as usual made me appreciate what a great thing blogging is :)

Style Icon of the Week
Mischa Barton

source

Mischa Barton at Berlin Fashion Week - not sure how I feel about the sunglasses, I have to admit, but I love the combination of this sophisticated orange dress with the casually worn studded leather jacket!

What have some of your favourite things been this week? Let me know in the comments! :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment