Karla Powell at The Academy of Makeup!

Sunday 21 July 2013

Over the past year I've become a huge fan of Karla Powell - if you have an interest in makeup, an addiction to twitter and live in the UK you'd have to have been living under a rock the past few months to have missed the amazing work she has been doing - her pop art makeup look has proved to be particularly popular: check it out in the YouTube video at the end of this post!!


With over 12,000 followers on twitter and over 15,000 on instagram, Karla is fast becoming one the most talked about MUAs in the country. Just a few months ago, before I headed off to Australia on my travels, I spoke to Karla via email about a little interview for the Academy of Makeup, and she sent me some lovely words which I included in a post which I'll link here. Now, little over six months later, Sara Hill, director of the Academy, texted me to let me know that Karla will be coming to the Academy on the 17th August!! She will be running a masterclass sharing her tips and tricks with us which is an amazing opportunity for any of her fans!


As a graduate of the Academy myself, I'll be going along and I can't wait to see Karla in action!! Spaces are very limited though, so if you would like be there to learn from one of the most exciting makeup artists in the country today, book your place now!

From what I can tell, this masterclass will be perfect for makeup enthusiasts and makeup artists alike, so whatever your level of experience, this is an event not to be missed! You can click here to book a place! Unsurprisingly, the spaces are filling up pretty quickly!




*Disclaimer - I'm sure a lot of you know that I used to work for the Academy of Makeup, but I'm now working elsewhere, so this little plug is purely to let you guys know about Karla's visit to Scotland - I think it's going to be a brilliant class, and I'd love to see some of you there! Boring bit over, let's get excited about the makeup!!

No comments:

Post a Comment