Eating Out: Dinner at Chiquito*

Monday 11 May 2015

One of my favourite things to do is eat out - I was discussing this with some blogging pals just last night. These days, while I still love the odd night out on the town dancing, I'm far more likely to look forward to a nice meal with my friends, with good food, good company and usually a cocktail or two!

So last week, I treated my bestie Emma to just that. We headed over to Chiquito at The Fort* (Glasgow) for dinner on Friday, and it was amazing.


I've only been to Chiquito once or twice before, and never to this branch, but I am a big fan of Mexican food! This made making a decision on what to eat somewhat difficult - there were so many dishes on the menu that tempted me... In the style of Blind Date, I'll give you a run down of a couple of the contenders...

BBQ Chicken Fajitas: "Served over a bed of spiced fajita onions and mixed peppers, with warm, soft flour tortillas, grated cheese, homemade salsa, sour cream and guacamole."

Philly Steak Hot Baked Wrap: "Strips of juicy steak, Texan style cheese sauce, fajita vegetables and cheese, baked in a soft flour tortilla served with skin-on-fries, our homemade slaw and a fresh house salad."

The Whole Hog Burger: "The classic topped with tasty BBQ pulled pork covered in melted cheese. Served in a soft brioche bun with baby gem lettuce, red onion, beef tomato, mayo and topped with pickle. Served with homemade slaw and your choice of skin-on-fries, fresh house salad or Mexican spiced rice."

When it finally came time to make a choice, I decided to go for contender number three - try as I may, I just cannot resist a burger. Especially when pulled pork is involved.


On this occasion, I was driving, so alcohol was off the table, but Chiquito does have a very enticing drinks menu full of interesting cocktails, which I'll definitely be tempted to try next time! Instead, I relaxed with a cup of tea after my meal, and it was lovely. You can't beat a good cup of tea.


Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Chiquito's at The Fort. We just headed over for dinner, but the location right beside the cinema and the main shopping centre makes it the perfect place to stop for something to eat if you're spending the day browsing the shops. The atmosphere was chilled out, the staff were friendly, and the food was good - and reasonably priced! What more could you ask for?!

Have you eaten out anywhere new lately? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Thanks for reading!

Lynsey x


*Disclaimer: I was very kindly sent a voucher for Chiquito at The Fort, which I put towards the meal on Friday. All thoughts and opinions in this post, however, are completely my own.

3 comments:

  1. I bottled it the last time I wanted to try Chiquito and ended up going somewhere else, all because I've never tried Mexican food before... I feel so silly now because that burger sure does look delicious! And pulled pork is my absolute favourite. At least I know what I'm ordering when I go there now, haha. X

    www.demst3r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to Chiquito once, and never the one at The Fort, but I really enjoyed it on my visit! I'll need to try this one at some point, I've been really impressed with the service at the new block of restaurants up there... I say new, god knows how long they've been open now! xx

    Charlotte / Colours & Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love Chiquito! The chicken fajitas are so delicious! I just found you through the lbloggers chat and followed you on BlogLovin - looking forward to catching up with your posts :)

    ReplyDelete